Moms, let’s face it. Most of us are so busy that we dont have time to spend a whole day cleaning our houses.
Let me guess…
Knowing how to clean your house in 2 hours is something you’ll definitely want to know.
Am I right?
I mean I am a work at home mom with 2 kids under 6 years, and they can be quite a handful. Plus I have house chores to attend to, freelance writing, and this blog and an online shop to stock and run.
Life is busy
In this blog post, I will share some of the fasted tips to clean your house in 2 hours. They’ll help you clean your house fast and help you get good at cleaning.
Having little ones means you have to learn how to clean a trashed house all the time, and how to stay focused on cleaning it with all the distractions around.
We are all busy moms, and getting a step-by-step guide to getting your house clean FAST is what we all want. Or have you ever received a phone call or text from someone that he or she was coming over and your house is in a mess?
That’s when your mind goes into overdrive wondering how on earth you’ll get presentable in time.
So, I’ll teach you some tips that make your busy mom’s life easy and will save you when you’ve got to make your house look decent at lightning speed.
What is the fastest way to clean a house?
Let’s now come up with a great game plan for getting your house clean fast in 2 hours.
I have prepared a handy printable checklist you can download at the end of this post.
But before you get to that, lets first understand how much time to devote to each area. And the list will also give you a summary you can always have to refer to.
House cleaning secrets
At this point, let’s focus on what you need to do and how you can actually do it all in 2 hours. I’ve put together a 2- hour cleaning plan that you can refer to.
2-hour house cleaning plan
A 2-hour house cleaning plan is where you get a bit of extra time doing things you couldn’t otherwise just do on a normal day.
So, let’s get started;
- (10 Minutes) – Strip all bedsheets and put them in the washer. You can have the washer running while you do the rest of the cleaning.
- (10 Minutes) – Put away all the mess. You can do this room by room, so you don’t get overwhelmed and distracted.
- (10 Minutes) – Dusting and wiping surfaces. Dust and wipe room by room or surfaces, shelves, window sills and baseboards.
- (15 Minutes) – Washing dishes. Time for washing dishes varies depending on whether you use a dishwasher or not.
- (5 Minutes) – Wipe cabinets, kitchen counters and clean the backsplash. If you do this regularly, then 5 minutes are enough to clean it up.
- (5 Minutes) – Wipe or clean appliances. Put a small glass of water in the microwave to heat up while you clean up other appliances. It makes it easier to clean.
- (10 Minutes) – Clean your bathrooms – In fact, why don’t you clean one just before you take a shower? You will tick off one bathroom and won’t include it in your cleaning routine.
- (5 Minutes) – Clean mirrors. Window vacuums help you clean windows faster and less stressful.
- (5 Minutes) – Clean the walls. Go round your house and wipe off any apparent marks you can see on the walls.
- (15 Minutes) – Vacuum. Vacuum the entire house at once will save you time in the long run.
- (10 Minutes) – Mop. Mop all floors that need mopping.
- (10 Minutes) – Make beds. Make all beds as the floors are drying.
House cleaning tips: How to simplify cleaning tasks
One way to clean your house in 2 hours or faster is to break down your tasks and assess if there are ways to do them easily or faster.
Here are some simple house cleaning tips and tools to help you clean your house in 2 hours or less.
1. Vacuum cleaning
Invest in a cordless vacuum that is up to the task of really cleaning your floors.
A cordless vacuum cleaner is less cumbersome and saves a lot of time. You don’t have to drag out the vacuum around the house, getting stuck in every corner.
Alternatively, get a robot vacuum cleaner, and you’ll forget the idea of having to vacuum clean your house. Yeah, it’s as amazing as it sounds.
2. Clean Windows/Mirrors
Does the thought of cleaning windows feel like cleaning toilets?
I can imagine.
A window vacuum combats the condensation on the windows you see every morning during winter. A window vacuum makes cleaning windows and mirrors a breeze.
3. Have a place for everything
Cleaning your house in 2 hours is almost impossible when covered in clutter. And in most cases, it’s not cluttered, but you just don’t have a place to keep stuff.
Clever storage solutions, blankets, containers, and hampers are all super simple pocket-friendly solutions for you.
Having a place for everything saves you time if you can quickly know where you need to put everything and you don’t have to shove it in a corner somewhere.
4. Have a process
To clean your house fast, you also have to think about what you’ll do and when.
Having a cleaning process keeps you from destruction and missing jobs or spending longer on others.
5. Simplify your supplies
Supplies make cleaning quick and simple, but don’t go overboard with your cleaning supplies.
You don’t really need a mountain of different products. In fact, you just need two types of cleaning products to do your entire house.
One of them is the DIY surface cleaner and a toilet bowl cleaner.
Having a cleaning candy helps you move from room to room without having to go back and forth.
6. House Cleaning Supplies
Keep a list of your favourite supplies. Don’t go overboard and ensure you get value for your money.
7. Stay Focused
Save the best for last, and if you want to be successful with cleaning your house in 2 hours, you have to stay focused. It’s far too easy for moms to get distracted or try to multitask.
So how do busy moms stay focused when cleaning a house?
How to stay focused on cleaning
- Don’t multitask. Complete one task at a time
- Playing background music makes things more lighthearted and enjoyable. And it’ll help your mind inclined to focus on the task at hand.
- Checking off your list gives you a visual of what is left to do and will motivate you every time you complete something.
- Use your timer so that you don’t lose track of time and get distracted. Set a timer for however long it will take you to complete a task and move onto the next when it goes off.
- Cleaning room by room is the best way to break down your house into rooms and spaces.
The list below gives you every important task for each room and a timeline breakdown so you can see how to clean your house in 2 hours or less.
Living & Dining
- Pick up and put away everything back into its proper place
- Dust (including baseboards)
- Wipe down surfaces
- Clean TV screen
- Wipe any marks off the walls
- Change the sheets (you can do this on specific days, or now if it works for you)
- Put away everything in its place
- Wipe down window sills and other surfaces
- Clean marks on the walls
- Clear out unused/finished products
- Dust window sills & baseboards
- Wipe down all surfaces
- Clean shower/bath & Toilet
- Dust baseboards & corners (for spiderwebs)
- Put away anything that doesn’t belong
- Wipe down any hall tables, etc
- Clean walls of visible marks
- Mop (if necessary)
- Sort/tidy laundry
- Put away anything that doesn’t belong
- Wipe down surfaces
- Clear the counters
- Clear out old food from the fridge
- Do the dishes
- Wipe down counters
- Wipe down lower cabinet doors & handles
- Wipe down appliances
- Clean the microwave
- Clean the backsplash
- Wipe down the hob
- Dust window sills
How to keep your house clean in the future
If you have ever deep cleaned your house, then you know how much time it takes. It’s a lot of work.
The secret to cleaning your house in 2 hours or less is always to maintain it regularly.
Here are a few basic tips to keep your house fairly tidy regularly so that it’s easier to clean.
- Have a cleaning schedule to guide you when you need to clean up stuff. It also prevents dirt and grime from building up.
- Declutter – Always get rid of stuff regularly to keep your house clean if there isn’t a pile of mess covering everything, to begin with. Make routine, set boundaries, and just get rid of things that you no longer need.
Get your speed cleaning checklist.
Wow that was quite a lot, right?
For that reason, I have created several speed-cleaning checklists that you can download and print off today.
Grab them for FREE by signing up for our Resource Library where you’ll find other FREE Printables you might find useful.
Otherwise, do you have any questions or comments about cleaning your home in two hours or less? Share them below.