Keeping a bullet journal is one of the fantastic ways to keep your planning in full force throughout the year. And one of the best ways to keep your bullet journal exciting and fresh is by creating inspirational bullet journal monthly spreads 2020.
Bullet journal monthly spreads are an opportunity to try out new tricks, practice your lettering skills, drawing skills, and exciting yourself for the month ahead.
Here are 150 bullet journal monthly spread ideas to help you get started with your journaling journey.
What is a monthly spread?
A bullet journal monthly spread or monthly log is an overview of your month’s goals at a glance, then add them to your weekly spreads as you go.
So, what goes in a monthly spread bullet Journal? Or what should a monthly spread include?
Usually, you set it up using two pages where you write down specific events and tasks. You also plan for your goals and focus for the month. A monthly bullet journal is customizable – meaning you can remove what doesn’t work for and retain what works.
What to include in the monthly spread
The purpose of a monthly spread is to give you a brief overview of your goals and tasks coming up for the month and when you’re free to schedule more tasks as you progress.
And a Washi Tape is one of the simplest but effective ways to make your bullet journal monthly spreads look stunning – even if you are not artsy.
How to start a bullet journal in the middle of the year
Bullet journaling has no specific time or date you should start. You can even start a bullet journal in the middle of the year, mid-month, or even mid-week. When you start a bullet journal doesn’t really matter because you are starting on a blank notebook.
Let’s now look at some ideas you’ll find inspirational.
Inspirational bullet journal monthly spread ideas for 2020
January bullet journal monthly themes you need to try
January is magical, signifies a fresh start, and provides an excellent February opportunity to look at your goals and make bigger plans.
Here are some of the inspirational bullet journal monthly spread ideas for January.
1. Create your year in pixels @passioncarnets
Make the create your year in pixels bullet journal your ultimate bullet journal monthly mood tracker.
2. Get your Disney fix @julia.pezowicz
With the launch of Disney, every modern mom has Disney on her brain, so you may as well embrace it in your January bullet journal setup!
3. Get spirited away this January @dreamowler
5. Focus on the cover page @constancechel
Creating a beautiful cover page will ensure you are excited to be productive every time you open your journal!
6. Reach for the stars @journalwithkate
Look to the stars for inspiration and create a beautiful moon bullet journal setup!
7. Embrace the Frost @bujotrulla
Christmas may be over, but winter is going to stick around for a while. Embrace the cold weather with a wintery January spread.
8. Go simple and beautiful @journautical
9. Move to a cabin in the woods @begumjournals
Do you ever dream of living in a cabin in the woods? You’ll absolutely love this January page cover.
See how far you have grown from the previous year.
11. Simpler vertical layout @thejournaltea
February bullet journal themes
February is that month you can awfully get sick of winter, but it’s also a month that can pass by without thinking of Valentine’s Day.
It’s a month things get to settle down after the excitement of the new year.
These bright and cheerful bullet journals monthly ideas are perfect for looking at what important dates you have ahead.
12. Embrace the love in the air @blackandwhitebullet
13. Make this month a gem @kenna.creates
Make your February unique and delightful
14. Go crazy with colors @little_coffee_fox
15. Show yourself, love, with a cherry @tiffany_studies
16. Create a cute scene with hedgehogs @shaynechan
17. Create a wreath @wildeyesbujo
18. Send a love letter @littleolivebujo
19. Use stickers and washi to spice it up @kristensplanner
20. Use pastels @seed_successful_you
21. Add some cute doodles @eliana.journals
March Inspirational bullet journal ideas – prepare for spring (2020)
It’s so easy to get overwhelmed when you see all the fantastic bullet journal layouts online. Haven’t you so far?
The truth is that you can create effective and beautiful bullet pages with nothing more than a few of your favorite pens.
Also, take this opportunity to look at your new year goals and see how far you are coming along. Then adjust and correct, so you keep on building your best year ever.
22. Look for new dawn @little_coffee_fox
23. Enjoy some breakfast @juliannedoodles
24. The most fabulous coffee in the universe @_coffeeandsarcasm_
25. Take a stroll through the jungle @bujo__gram
26. Flower-themed March bullet journal @star_journals
27. Minimalist touch of green @bujobeyond
27. Draw inspiration from the mundane @amy.Studies
28. Cute little doodles @doodledaydarlings
29. Add a few prickly cactuses @conbdebujo
30. Black and white @wolkenmeere
April bullet journal themes to brighten your month
Making your pages bright and cheerful is such a mood lifter. These spreads are perfect for inspiration.
31. Float away this month @bulletsandconfetti
32. Embrace the rain @bujokellyy
33. Create a digital bullet journal @little_coffee_fox
34. Inspirational flower theme @wildeyesbujo
35. Look to the clouds @productivedoodling
36. Plant your garden @saricastudio
37. Minimalist black and white @supermassiveblackink
Sometimes doing less can create stunning results.
38. Love for cherry blossoms @bujotrulla
39. Hello April- Simple and welcoming @bu.journal.love
40. Use stickers @planningwithkay
May bullet journal themes to inspire you
The warm sunshine has returned, the bees are a buzzin’, and flowers are popping up everywhere. It’s time to bust out your sunglasses, find your flip flops, and start creating some fabulous May bullet journal spreads!
Here is a boatload of inspiration to get your wheels turning.
Remember to add inspirational quotes to your spreads. They are fantastic for inspiring you to achieve great things.
41. Dance into spring @dreamowler
42. Give alternative setups a try @busymombliss
43. A koi pond @Tiffany_Studies
44. Don’t overthink it @enbinguyens
45. Get funky @Little Coffee Fox
46. Bee ready for may @littleolivebujo
47. Celebrate sunny days @ginger.Bullet.Journal
48. Beautiful pink skyline @journalwithkate
49. May flowers @thejournaltea
50. Get dramatic with your flowers @shaynechan
June bullet journal incredible ideas to try
A Monthly Mantra is perfect for making sure you are focusing on the things you want each month.
They could be helping you reach a goal, break a habit, or boost your self-confidence.
51. Create a blanket of blooms @cynthiabujo
52. Get nostalgic @silva.and.bold
53. Spritz up your month with a dash of citrus @@study__ren
54. Funky unicorn with a whimsical and bubbly illustration @Mashaplans
55. Fly away @izstudying
56. Colorful and sleek @flourish.and.blobs
57. Dump perfect @littlemissrose
60. Sweet like summer @yay.bujo.ing
July bullet journal ideas worth stealing
Wow! These bullet journals monthly logs really make an impact! Perfect for a summer bullet journal monthly spread or even a calendar for your next summer vacation.
61. Go to the beach @plansthatblossom
62. Bring the heat @fenkesjournal
63. You are a star @seed_successful_you
64. Elegant July bullet journal @casually.created
65. Use your melon @bujo.by.lo
66. Pastel pop @bujoncoffee
67. Keep it simple @the.petite.planner
68. Line the way @conbdebujo
69. Celebrate the bright side of life with a full-blown yellow spread!@avaguavastudies
70. Lemon tree @dailydotssk
August bullet journal monthly cover pages that’ll blow your mind
There isn’t a great deal of purpose behind the bullet journal cover page. It just works as a nice break between months for easy navigation during a flip through.
71. Candy cart bullet journal cover @via mint.And.åMont.Bujo
72. Under the sea-inspired bullet journal cover @bujowithanne
73. Augusti floral cover page @plannerbynia
74. Ice cream bullet journal cover @bullet.Journal.France
75. Sundae’s and ice cream august cover @vanessajournals
76. Peachy august bullet journal cover @ A Bujo Girl
77. Minimalist bullet journal august cover @booksandlala
78. Feathers august bullet journal cover @my.Life.In.A.Bullet
79. Friends inspired August bullet journal cover@ MXZDesigns
79. Butterfly august bullet journal cover @emma studies
80. Flying balloons august cover @seedsuccessfulyou
September bullet journal spreads
81. Get foxy in your September bullet journal
82. Dive in with aquatic creatures
83. Try a different facet of the natural world
84. Wreaths rock
85 leafy layers
86. Flower power
87. Get campy
88. Look to the stars
89. Find a firefly forest
90. Layer up the color
91. Box it in
92. Dots on dots
93. Make gold marbling
94. Splash it up
95. Make a watery backdrop
96. Celebrate labor day
97. Keep it minimalist
October bullet journal themes to have a spooky good time
September winding down and October around the corner means it’s time to pull out your cozy sweaters, pick out a pumpkin or two, and absorb some of the magical October vibes.
So grab your bullet journal and favorite pens, because you’re about to see a lot of autumn-inspired October bullet journal themes that will knock your socks off!
98. Embrace those coffee vibes @fenkesjournal
99. Keep it simple @bujoabby
100. Try something sweet @bujowithe
101. Get witchy @seasonjours
102. Enjoy the changing of the seasons @seed_successful_you
102. Enjoy being spooky @jashiicorrin
103. Smell the apple pie @chocmusings
103. Pumpkin picking @littlemissrose
103. Halloween @planningwithkay
104. Capture nature’s beauty @journalwithkate
105. Look to the moon @theplannerdlife
106. Write on the leaves @eliana.Journals
107. Keep it black and white @supermassiveblackink
November bullet journal cover pages
108. Embrace the fall colors @katykatehadfield
109. Give it a light touch of purple @lettersbycarolina
110. Autumn colors @bujoncoffee
111. Make it a super month @b.Bulletjournal
112. Add some simple leaves @adriennelovesletters
113. Have fun with stickers @maryberrystudio
114. Add a dutch door @little_coffee_fox
115. Have a gourd time @saricastudio
116. Black it out @casually.Created
117. Add lots of gold @little_coffee_fox
118. Get geometric with it @plslars
119. Practice your art @thejournaltea
120. Add a thankful quote @barbarahaegerart
December bullet journal ideas perfect for Christmas
Here are December Bullet Journal themes to put you in the Christmas spirit! Just read on to find the perfect idea to rock your Christmas Bullet Journal.
121. A cute doodle @bountifulcolours
122. Metallic bullet journal that sparkle @little_coffee_fox
123. Imagine living the cabin life @lolascraftjournal
124. Collect some Christmas doodles @little_coffee_fox
125. Let the snowflakes fall @plansthatblossom
126. Have yourself a candy cane @jen.Calligraphy
127. Add some frosty watercolors @suncerulean
128. Introduce a beautiful wreath @ginger.Bullet.Journal
129. Imagine a winter wonderland @little_coffee_fox
130. Reach for a gingerbread cookie @fenkesjournal
131. Entire gingerbread house.@nicole.josephinee
131. Light up your journal @january._Journal
132. Snowflakes @littlemissrose
133. Christmas ornaments @journalthoughlife
134. Relax in front of the fireplace @bujobeyond
135. Use berries to add dashes of color@juliannedoodles
136. Capture the winter’s natural beauty @isabelhoops
137. Look to the stars @enemesis_4
138. Capture a real-life scene @hayleyremdeart
139. Keep your colors simple @little_coffee_fox
140. GO ALL OUT WITH STARS @bujoandheart
141. Save your energy @contracrastination
142. Ignore the holidays @bujobyworld
143. Hang some ornaments @mylartsy
144. Turn it into a tracker @wolkenmeere
145. Enjoy the present @conbdebujo
146. Cute woodland creatures @bujo__gram
147. Go with a classic @my.Life.In.A.Bullet
148. Countdown to Christmas @plansthatblossom
149. Binge all of your favorite Christmas movies @bountifulcolours
150. Go old fashioned @isabelhoops
Create your perfect monthly spread
Are you a bullet journal monthly spread minimalist or maximalist?
Your bullet journal monthly spreads are a perfect opportunity to make your bullet journal inspiring.
I hope you loved all these bullet journal monthly spreads and they have inspired you to create your own layouts for the month.